Hello everyone! We just finished doing an apple unit in my class (which was so much fun :)). So I’d thought that I would share some of the activities that we completed with all of you. By the way–don’t you just love fall? I just love this season! It’s so much fun to teach my little ones about apples and pumpkins.
Okay, I guess that is enough of a tangent, so on to the apple ideas!
- We sequenced the numbers 1-10 that were written on small apple die-cuts and learned the poem 10 Red Apples. Here is a copy of the poem: Ten Red Apples Poem
- We’ve also been learning a lot about sorting. We completed this apple tree project where students sorted their mini apple die-cuts by color:
You can get the paper we used for sorting here: september jazzy journal for apple tree project
- Of course we had to do apple stamping and tasting! We had a lot of fun with this. Here is a picture of our apple stamping project:
- We also completed a glyph project with the apples. Here are the pictures:
Here is the glyph if you are interested: Apple Glyph
- We didn’t have time to make this snack this year, but I did make it last year and I loved it! I got the recipe from Making Learning Fun: Apple Tree Snack.
Here is a picture:
- We’ve also been playing Where’s the Worm Number ID game that I printed from Kindergarten Kindergarten’s blog. You can see her post here.
I’ve also found some great new ideas on the internet. I’ll post these links later in the week. Have fun teaching your apple units with your little ones!
3 thoughts on “New Apple Ideas…”
I love your blog! I noticed your monster puppets on a much older post. They turned out adorable! 🙂
Thanks Deanna! I love your website and all of your products that you sell on Teacher’s Pay Teachers. Thank you so much for sharing all of your wonderful ideas!
HI! I’m browsing my favorite sites, gathering ideas for the first few weeks of school. Thanks for sharing!!