So I realize that I’m a little behind on my bloggin (once again)! However, I wanted to share a few ideas for the nursery rhyme Humpty Dumpty that we did at the end of March. This was the perfect time to complete these activities since we were already learning about eggs that week.
So we read and sang the Humpty Dumpty song from Frog Street press. This is part of their Sing and Read Theme collection.
We also sequenced the story with pictures.
Then we made and stuffed some Humpty Dumpty’s. I think that they turned out quite cute! What do you think?
Here are some links to some other great Humpty Dumpty ideas on the web!
- Humpty Dumpty Visual Aids from Sparkle Box. These would be great for making your own big book to read aloud to students. You can go to this site here.
- Home School Share has this great idea for a Humpty Dumpty Lapbook with lots of links to free materials: Humpty Dumpty Lapbook Resources
- Story Time Stand Outs also has some great literature activities here: Humpty Dumpty Resources
- You have to check out this fabulous thematic unit from the Virtual Vine: Humpty Dumpty Thematic Unit
- Making Learning Fun also has a TON of wonderful ideas and printables. This is definitely worth checking out: Humpty Dumpty Ideas